Why am I so excited right now? Let me explain...
💬 In this week's issue:
- Sharing the Inner Workings. Hiring, filming, and new devices!
- Favourite Stuff. Advanced preview of what I've been using/reviewing
- Latest Videos. Catch up on the latest videos on the channel
We've got a bunch of exciting things happening soon so I thought I'd give you a high-speed rundown of everything that's been happening last week and everything that is coming up in the next week!
Excitement Level 10/10 👇
Firstly, having hit the 100k subs milestone last weekend, we've been in touch with a contact at YouTube who will act essentially as an advisor for growth on my channel! And, yes, the Silver Play Button will be coming soon! Not only that but I have been accepted onto one of only 50 places (with 1000 applicants!) onto Paddy Galloway's YouTube Accelerator course!
With Brand Wizard, Thumbnail University, Ali Abdaal's PTYA, and now Paddy's YouTube Accelerator course under our belt, I am confident that we can sustain and even - err - accelerate the incredible growth we've had on the channel in the last year. Since July last year, we have doubled the number of subscribers on the channel! So I'm hoping that, by this time next year, we'll be on 200k subscribers! At least, that's the hope!
We're also hiring! We're looking for an enthusiastic tech fan to assist in managing the channel alongside my Head of Operations, Chris, our Editor, Kaushik, and our soon to be (hopefully!) videographer. More details can be found on my website.
Excitement Level 8/10 👇
We've got some exciting new phones coming soon - brand new releases from the likes of Nothing (LOVE their phones!) and Samsung (ADORE their phones!). I'm not sure how much information I can share right now as I'm under NDA but be sure to look out for those videos, which will be coming out on the channel in the next month! More Glyphs and more Folding Screens for the WIN!
Excitement Level 9/10 👇
On Wednesday, we'll be - weather permitting - taking a little boat trip out to film a Day in the Life-style video for the Pixel Fold! I absolutely LOVE making these videos so I'm super excited to be making another. They do take a lot of time to film and they don't pull the views that my Lifelong iPhone User Switches videos achieve but I think sometimes you've just gotta do what you love and not worry about video performance. So, we'll be heading over to the Isle of Wight for a day out and putting the Pixel Fold through a full day of real-world testing to see if it really is a decent daily driver!
We also might be trialling a videographer for that day too so, although Chris is coming along, he'll be a little redundant and will probably spend the day trying to annoy me so much that I'll want to throw him in the sea! We'll sea how that goes - get it?
Excitement Level 1/10 👇
Lastly for this week's news, I had a bit of a 'mare with the Pixel Fold... I was filming a Short where I was fitting a new Domeglass screen protector and, as usual, completely fudged it up! So, on removing the badly-fitted protector, I managed to also pull off the Pixel's factory-fitted screen protector, which you're not actually supposed to remove! I've heard som horror stories already that the already fitted screen protector kinda holds the whole screen together. So now I'm kinda worried that my Fold is going to fall apart! Whoops!
The good news is that I've ordered a new Domeglass screen protector so hopefully that arrives before I shoot the Day in the Life video - haha! Otherwise filming might be cut short when the whole screen falls off mid-boat trip!
🗞 Favourite Things
- These Govee Outdoor Flood Lights were sent to me and they've replaced my existing outdoor lights and they're bloody excellent.
- I've been religiously using MyFitnessPal to track my macros as I'm really, really (I mean it!) trying to get healthy and get in better shape! Can't have me being a 100k subscriber content creator with a Dad bod! haha!
- PITAKA have been absolute diamonds again by sending out THIS excellent case for my Pixel Fold. Pricey but very high quality!
- And, aside from the fact that I really can't fit screen protectors very well, the Dome Glass Whitestone Screen Protectors are literally the best on the market right now. They actually use glue, which conveniently covers and hides any existing scratches on the screen of your phone! Here's a LINK for the iPhone 14 but they also do loads of other phones too!
🎥 This week's video
Highlights of the latest videos published on the channel
Upgrading to the 49" Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED | BEAST!
❤️ Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).
Anything else? Hit reply to send feedback or say hello.