Welcome to July 2022! For me, it's going to be an expensive month.
Firstly, It's rumoured that Apple is going to release their new M2 Macbook Air between the 8th and 15th of July.
Secondly, I have a new hire starting in less than 2 weeks, so he'll need a new machine.
Thirdly, my Editor desperately needs a new editing machine. (He works from Brazil, which is THE most expensive place to buy a Macbook in the world.)
Fourthly, I'm starting to hit the limits of my M1 Mac Mini and think it only makes sense to permanently upgrade to the base model Mac Studio.
I've just applied for some funding from my local government to see if they could help fund these purchases (I'm a start-up business and hiring new staff, both things the government want to support). Going this route would save me 25% on the cost of all of this gear, and save me a couple of grand. So it's well worth trying!
💬 In this week's issue:
- Avoiding Burnout. Trying to stay on top of everything!
- Favourite Stuff. Advanced preview of what I've been using/reviewing
- Latest Videos. Catch up on the latest videos on the channel
🦸🏼♂️Burnout, and Chris to the Rescue!
Chris starts in 2 weeks and I already have a huge list of jobs for him to help me out with. And after securing a couple of sponsors for the channel over the next 3 months, it's put me in a more comfortable position to know that I can spend more time focusing on the content that I'm producing instead of chasing down the money.
I've read a lot about how shorts can help grow channels, and whilst I haven't personally seen that in my own content, I'm still re-thinking how I go around creating content.
My current thought process is each week, to create:
- 1x Banger YouTube video (down from 2)
- 2-3 Shorts (currently posting 0)
- 3-5 Blog Posts (Currently posting 0-1)
- 1x Newsletter (Thinking about going Weekly instead of Monthly!)
1x Lifelong iPhone User Switches to Android
1x Cloud App Review (Best Password Manager, Best VPN etc...)
1x Tech Review (TV / Laptop / Monitor / Headphones)
1x Best Accessories
With a few others sprinkled in there for fun!
But that's not all - because I also have my other Business - Not a Business Coach - which also needs to push out content each week.
- 1x Banger YouTube Video
- 1x Newsletter
- 1-2 Blog Posts
I've lost track of how many times I've said "I can't wait!" But Chris can't come soon enough 😬
🗞 Favourite Tech
- After reviewing the Logitech MX Keys Mechanical, Vissles offered to send me one of their Mechanical Keyboards to try. I'm liking it - but the only thing that's annoying me is the small return key. I think it's a British keyboard layout thing?
- Paperlike Pro Bundle - I'm using their screen cleaning kit ALL the time now (bloody kids!)
- I recently bought the Benks iPad Stand and I'm loving using it every day now.
- It's been a great month for shows and movies! Stranger Things, Ozark, Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Flight Attendant, Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. What are you watching?
🎥 Latest Videos
Highlights of the latest videos published on the channel
❤️ Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).
Anything else? Hit reply to send feedback or say hello.