And he's putting us through out paces!
💬 In this week's issue:
- What does a YouTube consultant do? A bit of everything!
- Favourite Stuff. Advanced preview of what I've been using/reviewing
- Latest Videos. Catch up on the latest videos on the channel
So, recently we poached a lovely chap from another YouTuber for some consultancy on our direction and strategy for the channel. So far he's met with both Chris and I and we have mapped out the direction the channel will take in the future, to help us grow. Don't worry though, we'll still be continuing in much the same direction but with some tweaks and improvements.
One of these improvements has been in improving the quality and consistency of our thumbnails and titles. And Chris has been tasked with doing LOTS of competitor analysis to work out what's working well for other channels. It's an exciting time for us and we're super stoked to be working with this super secret consultant! We count ourselves very lucky!
If you notice anything different about the channel in the coming weeks, do let us know what you think!
On a different note, we are really excited for the Pixel 7 launch. We hope to get our hands on the 7 and 7 Pro (AND the Watch!) ahead of time so that we can get a review video out for you in a timely fashion! Chris is a huge fan of his Pixel 6 so I just might give him the 7 when it arrives ;)
Also, check this out!
The video we posted on Thursday has done really well so far! I probably need to stop checking the analytics every five minutes but I'm just stoked the video is doing so well!
🗞 Favourite Things
- So I'm testing out this sick IQUNIX F97 keyboard and it's really good! I switch around with keyboards quite a lot but this one is super satisfying to type on - those clicks! Mmmmmmmm!
- I'll be doing a video soon on the Twinkly Squares, which are basically 6 app-controlled LED panels with - apparently - 16 million colours! I haven't obviously tested this claim but I do believe it! It'll definitely feature in the background of a few videos for sure! Although it is somewhat distracting.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max really should be at the top of this list to be honest. I've just shot a video exploring some of its best features. The camera alone is just astonishing! And, if you're willing to shell out £1200, you should definitely get your hands on one.
- We're off to LA tomorrow to head to VidSummit and we are VERY excited. But the long flight is going to be a major drag, so I'm definitely bringing my Kindle Paperwhite with me. And with a single battery charge lasting weeks, I won't even need to bring a charger!
- And when I get back from LA, I'll be jet lagged as f... well, I'll be really jetlagged! So I'm going to spend the whole of the day of my return either sleeping (probably) or being super lazy and playing Xbox. And for the best gaming experience, it's got to be the Xbox Pro Controller and the SteelSeries Arctis 9X headset - so I don't wake the kids or the wife!
Here's an update for the giveaway
Just being subscribed to this Newsletter gives you a chance at winning something every month!
This month is a pair of Edifier MR4 Studio monitors, and we may also have a second prize coming very soon!
🎥 This week's videos
Highlights of the latest videos published on the channel
- Forget the iPhone 14 | Fold 4 Review
10 Ways iPhone 14 Pro Max is Better than Galaxy S22 Ultra
❤️ Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).
Anything else? Hit reply to send feedback or say hello.